Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.
- Scheduled to undergo tympanostomy tube insertion in the clinic.
- Ages ≥6 months through ≤18 months or ≥5 years through ≤12 years.
- Signed parental consent, and child assent documents as applicable.
- Parent is fluent in English.
- Any condition that, in the opinion of the investigator, may place the subject at greater risk (e.g., child with developmental delay).
- Anatomy precludes sufficient visualization and access to the tympanic membrane.