Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Diagnosis of iNPH based on clinical criteria and testing as described in the international iNPH guidelines.
- One positive supplementary test whether infusion test, large volume LP or extended CSF drainage.
- Duration of gait impairment at least 6 months.
- Arrested congenital hydrocephalus from aqueductal stenosis without prior treatment.
- Unable to return to Mayo Clinic for follow-up evaluation.
- Patient is not medically cleared for shunt surgery per local standards.
- Patients with contraindications will not undergo MRI or MR elastography imaging.