Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- 18 years of age and older.
- Diagnosed with a brain cavernous malformation (single or multiple).
- Had a symptomatic hemorrhage (bleed) within the past year; surgery is not anticipated.
- Spinal cord cavernous malformation.
- Have received prior brain irradiation.
- Unable to verify prior cavernous malformation bleeding on MRI.
- Unable to undergo MRI with contrast because of contraindications (e.g., pacemaker, metallic foreign body, pregnancy) or other reasons (severe claustrophobia, too large for MRI scanner).
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women due to unknown harm to fetus/child from MRI with contrast.