Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
Adult patients (≥18 years) undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery and/or aortic valve replacement surgery and aortic arch surgery.
- Presence of moderate to severe valvular disease other than aortic stenosis (stenosis or regurgitation)
- Presence of shock (SBP <90mmHg) or requirement of vasopressors or inotropes to support cardiac output or maintain systematic blood pressure
- Presence of severe left ventricular dysfunction (EF <35%)
- Mechanical circulatory support ( intra-aortic balloon pump, left ventricular assist device, impella)
- Patients with hearth rhythms other than sinus rhythm
- Presence of inflitrative cardiomyopathies.