Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
Patients who meet all of the following criteria are eligible for enrollment as study participants:
- Adult ( ≥ 18 years) liver transplant recipient.
- Patients who have given informed consent and are willing to comply with the protocol, including the use of their peripheral blood specimens and data for subsequent research.
- Patients with increased risk of rejection. Patients must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Autoimmune etiology of the original liver disease (autoimmune hepatitis, primary biliary cirrhosis or primary sclerosing cholangitis)
- Recipients of donation-after-cardiac death (DCD) donors
- Recipients of simultaneous liver-kidney transplantation
- Positive crossmatch liver transplant (T cell flow crossmatch or B cell flow crossmatch).
- Patients who underwent liver transplantation for PSC in the past, with recurrent disease (total of 4 patients)
- Patients who underwent liver transplantation for NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis).
- Patients who have a BMI ≥ 35.
Patients who meet any of these criteria are not eligible for enrollment as study participants:
Adult ( ≥ 18 years) renal transplant recipient.