Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Age: 25-85 years.
- Women with a history of invasive breast cancer, DCIS, or LCIS, or are at high risk for developing breast cancer
- Creatine labs drawn within 90 days as part of Standard of Care.
- Bothersome hot flashes (defined by their occurrence of two or more hot flashes a day and/or of sufficient severity to prompt the patient to seek therapeutic intervention).
- Presence of hot flashes for >30 days prior to study entry.
- Ability to complete questionnaire(s) by themselves or with assistance.
- Ability to provide informed written consent.
- Life expectancy ≥6 months.
- Willing to work with the enrolling institution for follow-up (during the Active Monitoring Phase of the study).
- ECOG Performance Status (PS) = 0, 1.
- Pregnancy (Assessed on Intake Questionnaire. Positive Answer exclusionary)
- Any of the following current (≤4 weeks prior) or planned therapies:
- Antineoplastic chemotherapy (anti-HER2 agents allowed)
- Estrogens (any delivery route)
- Tamoxifen, raloxifene and aromatase inhibitors are allowed, but patient must have been on a constant dose for at least 28 days and must not be expected to stop the medication during the study period
- Stage IV or V renal disease or GFR<30 in the last 90 days