Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Patients ≥ 18 years old, undergoing aHSCT or receiving chemotherapy for AML/ALL with absolute neutrophil count (ANC) <500 cells/µL with an anticipated hospital stay of greater than 2 weeks.
- Active infection requiring antibiotics, fever any time during admission, patients requiring ICU admissions, patients admitted for reasons other than bone marrow transplant or induction chemotherapy for ALL/AML.
- Other important variables that will be measured:
- Admission diagnosis
- Baseline Performance Status (ECOG score) and body mass index
- Type of chemotherapy/conditioning regimen: reduced intensity/myeloablative
- Duration of severe neutropenia