Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Adults 18-65 years of age
- Willing and able to provide informed consent
- Sedentary, overweight and obese adults (<90 minutes of moderate intensity exercise)
- BMI 25≤35
- Able to safely begin an exercise program
- Have a smartphone, and willing and able to download and use the Fitbit app
- Unable to provide informed consent.
- Known cardiovascular disease, or uncontrolled hypertension,
- Diagnosed type 1 or 2 diabetes
- Women who are pregnant or plan to become pregnant in the next 3-4 months
- Orthopedic injury/limitation or any other contraindications to exercise.
- Medications that cause weight gain (steroids, HIV-related medications, etc.), or glucose lowering medications