Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- A Mayo Clinic patient scheduled to undergo any bariatric surgical procedure, including Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, or duodenal switch.
- Patient age 18 or above.
- Patients must understand and provide written informed consent and HIPAA authorization prior to initiation of any study-specific procedures.
- Patient is willing to engage in a medication adjustment as part of their clinical visit (when needed).
- Patient with uncontrolled concurrent illness including psychiatric illness, or situations that would limit compliance with the study requirements or the ability to willingly give written informed consent.
- Any patient who will be unable to have genetic testing at minimum of 1 week prior to scheduled surgery or with allergies to ondansetron or granisetron.
- Any patient with prior pharmacogenomics testing that is readily available in the medical record will be excluded from this study.
- Any patient that is pregnant.