Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Non-obese healthy male and female
- non-smoking participants
- 18-40 years old with no significant metabolic, cardiovascular, neurologic disease and no contraindications to exercise, as determined by the principle investigator
- Those taking medications that might influence the cardiovascular, respiratory or neuromuscular responses to exercise will also be excluded, on the discretion of the principle investigator (e.g. beta blockers and some other antihypertensives along with anti-asthma drugs)
- Any subjects with a recent injury to their dominate leg/knee
- Subjects will also be excluded if they have any metal in their groin area.