Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.
High- and Low-Level Stress Groups-
- Adults age 18 to 50
- Ability to provide informed consent
- Participants are able to wear the Empatica E4 at all times during the study
- Participants are able to provide saliva samples for cortisol concentration estimation multiple times throughout the length of the study.
- Participants with reported history of diagnosed mood or anxiety disorders
- Participants taking any medication to treat diagnosed anxiety or mood disorders
- Participants who have used steroid-based medications within the past three years
- Participants with history of drug/alcohol abuse, and/or current tobacco use.
- Women who are pregnant or intend to become pregnant during the duration of the study