Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- ≥ 18 years old.
- Medical record documentation of recurrent CDI per the study definition, that includes either: a) at least two recurrences after a primary episode and has completed at least two rounds of standard-of-care oral antibiotic therapy or b) has had at least two episodes of severe CDI resulting in hospitalization within the last year.
- A positive stool test for the presence of toxigenic C. difficile within 30 days prior to or on the date of enrollment.
- Is currently taking or was just prescribed antibiotics to control CDI related diarrhea at the time of enrollment.
[Note: Subject's CDI diarrhea must be controlled (<3 unformed/loose stools/day) while taking this course of antibiotics]
- Currently has continued CDI diarrhea despite being on antibiotics prescribed for CDI treatment.
- Previous fecal transplant
- History of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), e.g., ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, or microscopic colitis.
- Diagnosis of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) as determined by Rome III criteria.
- Compromised immune system (e.g. immunosuppressed due to a medical condition or medication; current or recent (< 90 days) treatment with chemotherapy)
- An absolute neutrophil count of <1000 cells/µL during screening.
- Pregnant, breastfeeding, or intends to become pregnant during study participation.