Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Adult family caregiver of adult patient hospitalized at Mayo Clinic-Rochester.
- Receives in-hospital palliative care consult.
- Patient and family caregiver lives in a Minnesota or Iowa county that is designated as medically under-served or rural area.
- Patient's hospital discharge disposition includes long-term placement (>2 weeks) in a skilled nursing or hospice facility.
- Patients who live in Rochester, Minnesota. (Rochester, Minnesota is not considered a medically under served or rural area.).
- Patients with left ventricular assistive devices, documented chronic pain, use of home infusion pain pumps, or documented addictive behaviors.