Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Males and females 21 years of age or older;
- Undergoing elective primary or revision hip or knee replacement;
- Patient has necessary mental capacity to participate and is able to comply with study protocol requirements;
- Patient is not pregnant;
- Patient has signed consent form; and
- Patient is wiling to be randomized and participate.
- Patient is undergoing bilateral hips or knee replacement;
- No patient undergoing total hip or knee replacement who has been enrolled in this study for a prior hip or knee replacement;
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding;
- Patient is on chronic anticoagulation other than with antiplatelet medications;
- Patient is concurrently enrolled in another active interventional clinical trial testing a drug or intervention known or believed to interact with aspirin, warfarin, or rivaroxaban;
- Patient has a contraindication to two or more of the three prophylaxis regimens;
- Documented gastrointestinal, cerebral, or other hemorrhage within 3 months of the operation;
- A known diagnosis of defective hemostasis and past history of clinical bleeding requiring transfusion and treatment;
7) A known condition of thrombophilia proven by diagnostic laboratory testing; 9) An operative procedure involving the eye, ear, or central nervous system within one month; 10) Severe uncontrolled hypertension with systolic BP > 220mmHg or diastolic BP > 120mmHg; 11) An absolute body weight of less than 41 kilograms (90.4 lbs) at baseline; and 12) Vulnerable patient populations including prisoners, institutionalized individuals, and those who are mentally handicapped.