Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Healthy donors undergoing elective surgery.
- Donors greater than or equal to 18 years of age.
- Either gender.
- Must meet all tissue donor eligibility criteria.
- Adults lacking capacity, or unwilling to sign informed consent.
- Any history of therapy or treatment to the abdomen that may affect the fat (i.e., medication injections, Cool Sculpting, other cosmetic procedures, etc.).
- Any history of malignancy or transplant.
- Autoimmune disorders.
- Any antibiotic resistant disease (i.e., MRSA, VRE, etc.).
- Any chronic infections.
- Any immunosuppressive medications or biologics.
- Any long term use of steroid medications.
- Inflammation of adipose tissue.
- Any other significant morbidity that in the opinion of the PI would deem the donor ineligible.