Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Person admitted to the acute rehabilitation unit that fit the classification of a traumatic or non- traumatic spinal cord injury.
- Traumatic is defined as any spinal cord injury caused by external force to the body.
- Non traumatic is defined as any spinal cord injury not cause by external force including: spinal stenosis, cancer, infection, ischemia, etc.
- Persons admitted to the acute rehabilitation unit spine service that do not fit the classification of traumatic or non traumatic spinal cord injury, including: amputation, LVAD and deconditioning.
- Additional exclusions would be those admitted with chronic spinal cord injury/dysfunction.