Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Primary tricuspid valvular regurgitation (tricuspid valve disease not related to a left-sided cardiac abnormality) diagnosed by echocardiography
- Evidence of passive hepatic congestion. Patients with severe tricuspid regurgitation diagnosed at echocardiography will constitute evidence of passive hepatic congestion.
- Patient scheduled for surgical tricuspid valvular repair or replacement.
- Contraindication for MRI (implantable devices such as cardiac pacemaker, anxiety, inability to lay supine, etc).
- Additional conditions which may elevate their liver stiffness: hepatic fibrosis or cirrhosis, hepatic parenchymal disease (primary biliary cirrhosis, primary sclerosing cholangitis, etc), acute or chronic hepatitis (viral, substance or medication induced), disorders of hepatic vasculature, biliary obstruction or disease, primary or metastatic hepatic malignancy.
- Cannot agree to return for a follow up visit to complete the postsurgical imaging.