Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Patients undergoing surgery for polycystic kidney and liver disease or its complications or for a different renal or hepatic disease and wishing to participate in research studies of cystic liver and kidney disease.
- Patients with polycystic kidney and/or liver disease, undergoing percutaneous cyst aspiration and wishing to participate in research studies of cystic liver and kidney disease.
- Patients without polycystic kidney or liver disease undergoing nephrectomies or partial hepatectomies for other pathologies.
- Deceased fetuses with evidence of polycystic kidney and/or liver disease undergoing autopsy
- Deceased patients with polycystic kidney and/or liver disease undergoing autopsy.
- Individuals who do not comprehend English (i.e., participants must be able to read and sign a consent form without the assistance of an interpreter)
- Individuals who are unable to sign consent (e.g., mentally challenged, those declared legally incompetent).
- Individuals regarded as belonging to a vulnerable population (e.g.prisoners).
- No age exclusion limit.
- Individuals with HIV or hepatitis infection.