Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- age 18 years or older
- histologic evidence of non-small cell lung carcinoma
- immediate plans for a clinically directed tumor biopsy to determine EGFR mutation status
- new diagnosis of advanced or metastatic disease or recent progression on systemic therapy for advanced or metastatic disease
- the absence of an active second active malignancy
- an understanding of the protocol and its requirements, risks, and discomforts
- the ability and willingness to sign an informed consent
- pregnancy or lactation (for females). Pregnancy and lactation will affect cfDNA quality relative to the evaluation of tumor specific alterations.
- "Pregnancy (by self-report of pregnancy status)"
- inability on the part of the patient to understand the informed consent or be compliant with the protocol