Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Patient age 21 years or older; either sex.
- Corneal endothelial disease: Presence of corneal endothelial dysfunction requiring keratoplasty, including pseudophakic corneal edema and Fuchs endothelial dystrophy.
- Lenticular status: Pseudophakic with posterior chamber intraocular lens or phakic with or without cataract requiring extraction.
- Uncontrolled glaucoma or prior filtering surgery (tube shunt or trabeculectomy).
- Uncontrolled uveitis.
- High graft failure risk including herpetic keratouveitis or any condition with two or more quadrants of stromal neovascularization.
- Presence of anterior chamber intraocular lens.
- Those unlikely to complete the study due to plans to move, preference to follow-up with local provider, international patients, etc.