Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- At least 6 months and no more than 5 years after stroke
- Expressive difficulties such as anomia or lack of fluency
- Comprehension of simple instructions
- English proficiency
- At least 8 years of formal education
- Basic ability to independently use the tele-system
- Having a personal computer, with Internet access (10 MBps) at home.
- Presence of a family member or caregiver willing to participate
- A clinician participatnig in the clinical intervention
- Major dementia
- Untreated major depression.
- Hemianopsia or major disability in visual perception
- Other medical conditions that affect the central or peripheral nervous system
- Psychiatric background that would limit full participaton
- Treatment by Speech and Language Pathology Therapist in another setting during the study period