Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Young adults between the ages of 18 and 40 years old who have screened positive as a frequent tanning bed user on a pre-study questionnaire.
- Frequent tanning bed use will be defined as attending a commercial tanning bed facility at least 1 time within the previous 2 years.
Young adults will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria are met:
- A personal prior history of melanoma
- A personal prior history of basal cell or squamous cell carcinoma
- Currently seeing a dermatologist with at least one visit within the last 12 months
- Skin condition necessitating light therapy (i.e. psoriasis)