Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
Inclusion Criteria: (Patients):
- Patients admitted to St Mary's or Methodist Hospital and subsequently referred for AAT.
- Subjects undergoing Animal Assisted Therapy as part of their standard care.
- Patients 18-80 years of age.
- Patients who are able to read and answer pre- and post-intervention survey questionnaire and satisfaction survey.
Inclusion Criteria (Care Team Members):
- Care team members of the study participants.
- 18-80 years of age.
- Who are able to read and answer pre- and post-intervention survey questionnaire and satisfaction survey.
Exclusion Criteria: Exclusion Criteria (Patients):
- Patients with diagnoses of bipolar disorder, schizophrenia or dementia.
- Unable to give consent.
- Pregnant women (as verbalized by participant).
Exclusion Criteria (Care Team Members):
- Care team members of the study participants who do not want to participate.