Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Positive diagnosis of first episode of NAION in the study eye with symptom onset within 14 days prior to planned study drug administration/sham procedure
- Best corrected visual acuity score in the study eye is better than or equal to 15 letter score, measured using the ETDRS visual acuity protocol at Day 1 prior to study drug administration/sham procedure.
- Clear ocular media and able to undergo adequate pupil dilation to allow a good fundus examination
- Present use or history of any treatment for the current episode of NAION, including systemic steroids, brimonidine, or traditional Chinese herbal medicine
- Prior episode of NAION in the study eye only
- Present use of drugs known to cause optic nerve or retinal toxicity at Day 1/Randomization, such as: chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine, ethambutol, Vigabatrin. Subjects who need to be prescribed any of these drugs during the course of the study will be discontinued from the trial.
- Any medical condition, concomitant therapy, or previous incisional or laser surgery that, in the opinion of the Investigator, would preclude IVT injection in the study eye only
- Clinical evidence of temporal arteritis