Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Male, 45 years of age or older.
- Diagnosis of prostate adenocarcinoma.
- Clinical stage T1c or T2a.
- Gleason score of 7 (3+4 or 4+3) or less.
- Three or fewer biopsy cores with prostate cancer.
- No single biopsy core with greater than 50% of tumor involvement.
- One, two, or three tumor suspicious regions identified on multiparametric MRI
- Negative radiographic indication of extra-capsular extent.
- A documented Karnofsky performance status of at least 70.
- Estimated survival of 5 years or greater, as determined by treating physician.
- Tolerance for anesthesia/sedation.
- Ability to give informed consent.
- MR-guided biopsy confirmation of one or more radiographically visible prostate lesion(s) with Gleason score of 7 (3+4 or 4+3) or less.
- Presence of any condition (e.g., metal implant, shrapnel) not compatible with MRI.
- History of other primary non-skin malignancy within previous three years.