Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Adult patients between the ages of 18 and 65 with eosinophilic esophagitis including lactating or pregnant women undergoing clinically indicated endoscopy and esophageal biopsy.
- Patients for whom clinically indicated endoscopy is not safe. Patients who have small caliber esophagus, an esophageal stricture that will not permit passage of the gelatin capsule or are unable to swallow the capsule.
- Vulnerable populations, such as those with diminished mental acuity
- Patients with known Lidocaine/Acetylcysteine allergies
- Patients who have taken any antithrombotic medications within 10 days of the procedure