The Women's Health Research Center works closely with Mayo Clinic's Center for Women's Health to optimize women's health and well-being throughout their life spans by integrating sex and gender concepts into clinical care, research and education.
Mayo Clinic aims to provide an unparalleled experience for women by delivering expert, unhurried, individualized and integrated care, while expanding research and education initiatives to advance an evidence-based understanding of sex and gender in medicine.
Unique offerings available through the Center for Women's Health include:
- Breast Clinic. Diagnostic and treatment services for women with breast changes or problems ranging from benign breast conditions to breast cancer
- Dermatology. Clinical and cosmetic skin care evaluations and treatment
- Executive Health Program. Focused, efficient care to help executives, business owners and entrepreneurs maintain good health
- Integrative Medicine. Consultations on integrative and complementary approaches to health
- Nicotine Dependence Center. Consultation and support regarding tobacco cessation
- Menopause and Women's Sexual Health Clinic. Specialty evaluation and treatment of menopause symptoms, hormone therapy and sexual health concerns
- Preventive Services Clinic. Offers screening tests as indicated, including colonoscopy or other colon cancer screening, bone density testing, Pap test, mammogram, vaccinations and others