A major goal of the Surgical Innovation Center at Mayo Clinic is to accelerate the rate at which new surgical technology and devices become available to patients.
The center's efforts encompass both creating and testing surgical technology and identifying emerging technology being developed outside of Mayo Clinic that requires accelerated testing in clinical trials.
Clinical trials are a crucial step in translating innovation to patient care and in providing Mayo Clinic staff members with every available technology to give patients more hope and better healing when receiving complex surgical care.
Clinical trials are available in the following areas of surgery research:
- Acute care, trauma and general surgery
- Breast, melanoma and sarcoma surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Hepatobiliary and pancreas surgery
- Lung surgery
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Pediatric surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Transplant surgery
- Upper gastrointestinal surgery
- Vascular surgery
View all surgery-related clinical trials.