Regenerative Medicine Education for the General Public
From the beginning, the Mayo brothers made a commitment to constantly improve their practice, not only to be the best in the field but also to share expertise to advance the entire discipline of medicine. In this tradition, the Center for Regenerative Medicine is dedicated to continuous learning and committed to disseminating knowledge through education.
Regenerative medicine online modules
The Mayo Clinic Center for Regenerative Medicine has developed online education modules to provide introductory information on regenerative medicine topics. Content is appropriate for the general public, students, faculty and anyone interested in learning more about the field of regenerative medicine. Online learning modules include:
Each module allows learners to start, stop and resume sessions at intervals, saving progress as they advance through the course.
After completing the regenerative medicine online education modules, learners should be able to:
- Define regenerative medicine and explain its purpose and value
- Describe why the need for regenerative medicine is growing and some challenges the field faces
- Define the different types of stem cells and how they are used in regenerative medicine
- Describe different types of bioengineered stem cells and identify their benefits and challenges
- Identify ethical issues related to regenerative medicine and common ethical frameworks utilized to examine these issues
- Describe how Mayo Clinic is advancing the field of regenerative medicine