Application Selection Process and Stewardship
Applications for Mayo Clinic's Benefactor-Funded Research Career Development Awards are reviewed by scientific review committees with expertise in each topic. Review criteria include the scientific merit of the project and the strength of the career development and mentoring plans.
Applicants submitting an application for consideration under different topics may expect their application to be reviewed by more than one review group.
Applicants should be aware of the following:
- Multiple applications from an individual are not accepted.
- Only one award will be made per individual.
- Awards are announced in late winter or early spring.
- Awardees are required to develop a budget after notification of funding.
- Awardees are required to respond to requests for annual progress reports that will be shared with the benefactor.