Cost Study Consultation
One-on-one appointments are available at no charge for investigators and study teams seeking guidance about sharing cost data with parties external to Mayo Clinic. This includes topics such as:
- Sources of cost data
- Adapting financial results from an existing project, such as a quality improvement initiative, for external use
- Starting a new cost study
- Appropriate usage of patients' insurance coverage
These appointments do not include data analysis. Mayo investigators in need of data-analysis services should contact the Mayo Clinic Robert D. and Patricia E. Kern Center for the Science of Health Care Delivery's Economic Evaluation Service (must be logged in to the Mayo Clinic network).
Scheduling a consultation
Individual appointments with a cost study consultant from the Mayo Clinic Robert D. and Patricia E. Kern Center for the Science of Health Care Delivery are available.
An initial consultation, available at no charge to Mayo Clinic investigators, may be scheduled through the Economic Evaluation Service.
Continuing education and training
In conjunction with CCaTS Education Resources, the Cost Study Consultation resource offers an online module, Billing Data for Utilization and Cost Studies, which includes the following content:
- Understanding billing data for utilization and cost studies
- Using billing data for utilization and cost studies
- Do-it-yourself standardized costing using Medicare reimbursement
- Creating a standardized cost data warehouse: The story of OCHEUD