Cost Study Consultation
One-on-one appointments are available at no charge for investigators and study teams seeking guidance about sharing "cost" data with parties external to Mayo Clinic. This includes topics such as:
- Sources of cost data
- Adapting financial results from an existing project, such as a quality improvement initiative, for external use
- Starting a new cost study
- Appropriate usage of patients' insurance coverage
These appointments do not include data analysis. Mayo investigators in need of data analysis services should contact the Department of Health Sciences Research (must be logged in to the Mayo network).
Scheduling a consultation
Individual appointments with a cost study consultant from the Robert D. and Patricia E. Kern Center for the Science of Health Care Delivery are available through the Mayo Clinic CCaTS.
One-hour consultations are available on Mondays at 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. or by appointment. Schedule an appointment by calling the CCaTS Service Center at 507-255-7101.
Consultations take place in the main CCaTS offices in the Plummer Building, Third Floor. Consultations for investigators at a Mayo Clinic campus other than Rochester, Minnesota, can be handled by phone using the same scheduling process.
Continuing education and training
In conjunction with CCaTS Education Resources, the Cost Study Consultation resource offers continuing education and training online modules offered for Continuing Medical Education (CME) or academic credit.
Online modules offered by CCaTS include:
- Understanding Billing Data for Utilization and Cost Studies
- Using Billing Data for Utilization and Cost Studies
- DIY Standardized Costing Using Medicare Reimbursement
- Creating a Standardized Cost Data Warehouse: The Story of OCHEUD
Mayo Clinic employees: Enroll now
Find CCaTS online modules in My Learning.
Click Learning and search by Category or Course Title.
Non-Mayo participants can visit the Research and the Community online modules listing to enroll.