The Postdoctoral Certificate Program can be completed in one year (if you have 75% to 100% protected research time) and has two academic cycles each year. Regardless of application cycle, the three steps in the application process are the same.
|Note: Scholars admitted to the Postdoctoral Certificate Program are given priority registration in clinical and translational science (CTSC) classes.
Identify a mentor
Identifying a mentor is one of the most important steps in applying to the Postdoctoral Certificate Program. The most critical role of the mentor is to guide the scholar in the research experience portion of the program.
Mentors must be chosen from within Mayo Clinic. Resources to identify and directly contact potential mentors include the following:
Complete and submit application materials
All application materials for the Postdoctoral Certificate Program are accepted, reviewed and processed by CCaTS Education Resources.
All application materials must be received by the January 1, April 1, July 1 or October 1 application deadlines. Note: Late or incomplete applications are not considered. In addition to the application form, ALL supplemental items are due by these deadlines also. Start the process early to ensure that you have enough time to gather the required information and to give your recommendation letter writers adequate time to submit their letters prior to the deadline dates.
Log on or create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- School of Study: Select "Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences"
- Area of Interest: Select "Clinical & Translational Science, Certificate"
Select "Create a New Application."
- Select "Start a Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Application"
Complete each section of the application.
- Program Type: Select "Certificate"
Submit the application. View the required Supplemental Items and Documents.
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section
- Complete the Recommendation Request section
Additional required items
- CV or resume
- Research mentor recommendation
- Unofficial Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences transcript (if applicable)
- Program Fee Agreement Form
- Recommendation letter: Should be from a person acquainted with your personal, academic or professional qualifications.
Applications are reviewed by the CCaTS Postdoctoral Programs Executive Committee applicants are notified via email within six weeks regarding application status.
Upon admission to the Postdoctoral Certificate Program, the nonrefundable program fee will be charged to the PAU provided on the Program Fee Agreement Form. The program fee for applications submitted beginning April 2, 2022, is $9,000.
The CCaTS Education Contacts page contains a listing of team members who can assist you with questions.