The Administrative Core provides organizational support for the leadership of the Mayo Clinic Pancreatic Cancer SPORE, facilitates communication among the component activities of the SPORE, serves as the home for SPORE advocate activities and provides an organizational portal for collaborations outside the SPORE.
The Administrative Core works across Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota, using the institutional infrastructure for communications to ensure that investigators are seamlessly integrated as a SPORE organization.
The Administrative Core:
- Provides leadership and coordination among the research projects and cores of the SPORE
- Ensures ongoing integration and participation of the SPORE in Mayo Clinic Cancer Center activities
- Organizes meetings and retreats for SPORE investigators and committees
- Provides administrative support to the Developmental Research Program and the Career Enhancement Program
- Facilitates investigator trips to annual SPORE meetings and advocate activities
- Prepares the yearly noncompeting SPORE application
- Coordinates communication about SPORE-related research developments
- Serves as the liaison with the NCI SPORE program, with other SPOREs and with collateral resources, such as the Pancreatic Cancer Genetic Epidemiology (PACGENE) Consortium study, the Pancreatic Cancer Case-Control Consortium (PanC4), the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN), the Phase 2 Consortium (P2C), and the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
The directors of the Administrative Core are: