Research Training Program in Neuro-Oncology
O'Neill, Brian Patrick M.D.Vile, Richard G. Ph.D.
Award number — T32 CA217836
The primary goal of the Research Training Program in Neuro-Oncology is to identify, mentor and support young investigators with the greatest potential to become future leaders in brain cancer research.
Each trainee learns critical thinking, academic rigor and mastery of the experimental technique, all within a construct of the ethical conduct of research. Appointees to the grant also develop skills in understanding research, conducting research, identifying problems in the analysis of research and proposing solutions to these problems.
To accomplish these goals, Dr. O'Neill and Dr. Vile have prepared a multidisciplinary, integrated program consisting of:
- A curriculum of didactic scientific education
- Attendance at scientific educational sessions
- Intensive research in the laboratory of an established investigator in a field of research germane to primary brain tumors
- A comprehensive review of research progress
There are three postdoctoral positions in this program. The number of open positions varies.
Appointees must have received a Ph.D., M.D. or comparable doctoral degree by the beginning date of the training grant appointment.
Appointees must also be citizens or noncitizen nationals of the United States or must have been legally admitted as permanent residents.
How to apply
For more information, email Dr. O'Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Vile at email@example.com.
Review the focus areas, mentors and publications of current and former trainees in the Research Training Program in Neuro-Oncology.
- Billadeau, Daniel D. Ph.D.
- Bram, Richard J. M.D., PH.D.
- Daniels, David J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Eckel Passow, Jeanette E. Ph.D.
- Erickson, Bradley J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Galanis, Evanthia M.D.
- Giannini, Caterina M.D., Ph.D.
- Jenkins, Robert B. M.D., Ph.D.
- Ma, Daniel J. M.D.
- O'Neill, Brian Patrick M.D.
- Parney, Ian F. M.D., Ph.D.
- Sarkaria, Jann N. M.D.
- Vile, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Windebank, Anthony J. M.D.