Predoctoral Training Program in Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics
Karnitz, Larry M. Ph.D.
The Predoctoral Training Program in Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics at Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences contributes to the development of independent investigators capable of directing outstanding research programs in academia, industry and other settings.
The program faculty comprises well-funded independent investigators who focus on a continuum of research areas encompassing studies from basic molecular and genetic aspects of disease through drug discovery and development of novel therapies for cardiovascular and malignant diseases. The faculty provides training opportunities in areas including:
- Computational chemistry
- Genetics of addiction
- Molecular mechanisms of drug action and resistance
- Novel therapeutic strategies
- Pharmacogenomics of genes associated with drug responses
- Preclinical and clinical pharmacology
The Predoctoral Training Program in Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics provides Ph.D. and M.D.-Ph.D. students with training in basic and advanced pharmacological principles. It trains them to probe basic research problems that yield novel insights into the underlying biology and treatment of human diseases. In addition, the program fosters and cultivates students' innate curiosity and prepares them to become leaders in their fields.
There are four predoctoral positions awarded to the Predoctoral Training Program in Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics program a year. The number of open positions varies.
Appointees must be enrolled in Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences' Ph.D. Program.
Appointees must also be citizens or noncitizen nationals of the United States or must have been legally admitted as permanent residents.
How to apply
Apply to Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences' Ph.D. Program.
- Ackerman, Michael J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Anastasiadis, Panagiotis Z. Ph.D.
- Bram, Richard J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Brimijoin, William (Stephen) S. Ph.D.
- Choi, Doo-Sup Ph.D.
- Diasio, Robert B. M.D.
- Fernandez-Zapico, Martin E. M.D.
- Hawse, John R. IV Ph.D.
- Hedin, Karen E. Ph.D.
- Hitosugi, Taro Ph.D.
- Karnitz, Larry M. Ph.D.
- Katusic, Zvonimir S. M.D., Ph.D.
- Kaufmann, Scott H. M.D., Ph.D.
- Li, Hu Ph.D.
- Lou, Zhenkun Ph.D.
- Machida, Yuichi Ph.D.
- Nelson, Timothy J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Olson, Timothy M. M.D.
- Pang, Yuan-Ping (Yuan-Ping) Ph.D.
- Radisky, Evette S. Ph.D.
- Reid, Joel M. Ph.D.
- Robertson, Keith D. Ph.D.
- Terzic, Andre M.D., Ph.D.
- Wang, Liewei M.D., Ph.D.
- Weinshilboum, Richard M.D.
- Yaszemski, Michael J. M.D., Ph.D.