Clinical Pharmacology Training Program
Wang, Liewei M.D., Ph.D.Weinshilboum, Richard M.D.
Award number — T32 GM08685
Clinical pharmacology involves the study and understanding of the interactions between therapeutic agents and people. This discipline is a backbone of one of health care practitioners' most important interventions, the use of therapeutic agents to treat illnesses.
The Clinical Pharmacology Training Program at Mayo Clinic supports training in clinical pharmacology in the laboratory-based programs of program faculty. Training is recommended for a two-year period, and trainees are eligible to become board certified in clinical pharmacology.
The laboratory-based programs available to trainees represent a wide variety of endeavors in pharmacological research, including but not limited to:
- Cancer therapy and clinical trials
- Development of anti-tumor agents
- Drug metabolism
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Mechanism of action of drugs
- Patch clamp electrophysiology techniques
- Pharmacology of the vasculature
- Signal transduction
- Vaccine research
An extensive didactic curriculum is also part of the Clinical Pharmacology Training Program, including courses in:
- Design of clinical research
- Drug metabolism
- Responsible conduct of research
- Techniques in molecular biology
There are six postdoctoral positions awarded to the Clinical Pharmacology Training Program. Of the six total positions, a minimum of two new positions are available each year.
Appointees must have received an M.D. or comparable doctoral degree by the beginning date of the training grant appointment.
Appointees must also be citizens or noncitizen nationals of the United States or must have been legally admitted as permanent residents.
How to apply
For more information, contact Dr. Wang at email@example.com.
Review the focus areas, mentors and publications of current and former trainees in the Clinical Pharmacology Training Program.
- Bram, Richard J. M.D., PH.D.
- Diasio, Robert B. M.D.
- Evans, Christopher H. Ph.D.
- Faubion, William A. Jr. M.D.
- Feldman, Andrew (Andrew L.) L. M.D.
- Frye, Mark A. M.D.
- Joyner, Michael J. M.D.
- Katusic, Zvonimir S. M.D., Ph.D.
- Kaufmann, Scott H. M.D., Ph.D.
- Khosla, Sundeep M.D.
- Kullo, Iftikhar J. M.D.
- Lerman, Amir M.D.
- Li, Hu Ph.D.
- Nicholson, Wayne (Nick) T. M.D., Pharm.D.
- Pereira, Naveen L. M.D.
- Reid, Joel M. Ph.D.
- Robertson, Keith D. Ph.D.
- Terzic, Andre M.D., Ph.D.
- Wang, Liewei M.D., Ph.D.
- Weinshilboum, Richard M.D.