Bhavika Patel, M.D., is passionate about improving the accuracy of the current state of breast-imaging studies using advanced imaging modalities and analytics.
Research interests include:
- Advancing breast-imaging technologies to improve sensitivity and specificity of breast cancer detection
- Personalizing medicine to better detect early and precancerous states
- Utilizing computer-aided detection tools to better enable prediction and assessment of breast cancer treatment response
Significance to patient care
Dr. Patel is hopeful that combining advanced imaging tools with the current state of radiology imaging will improve patient outcomes by earlier detection of clinically relevant cancers, while decreasing patient anxiety and costs involved with false-positive findings.
- Recipient, Spotlight Award, San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, 2017
- Recipient, Mentor Award, Radiological Society of North America, 2016-2017
- Recipient, Gold Merit Award, Radiological Society of North America, 2016
- Recipient, Annual Meeting Gold Merit Abstract Award, American College of Radiology, 2016