Tufia C. Haddad, M.D., has a clinical and research interest in breast cancer. Her research focuses on experimental therapeutics and early-phase clinical trials for drug-resistant breast cancer. She is also interested in models of health care delivery in oncology and the transformation of such models with novel artificial intelligence and connected health technology solutions.
- Development and conduct of phase I and II clinical trials
- Development of an independent clinical and translational research program for novel breast cancer therapeutics
- Evaluation of new targeted treatments for drug-resistant breast cancer
- Transformation of breast cancer survivor care with technology-enabled solutions
Significance to patient care
Through her partnership with basic scientists, Dr. Haddad helps bring the most promising drugs from lab to clinic and aims to identify biomarkers for these agents to more rapidly advance drug development.
- Member, Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology, 2012-present
- Member, Translational Breast Cancer Research Consortium, 2012-present
- Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2005-present
- Top Doctor, Minnesota Monthly, 2015-2017
- Section co-editor, Current Breast Cancer Reports, 2016
- Member, Susan G. Komen Minnesota, 2010-2015
- Recipient, Department of Medicine Educational Excellence Award, University of Minnesota, 2008
- Recipient, Senior Medical Resident Teaching Award and Excellence in Teaching Award, Mayo College of Medicine, 2004