Morie A. Gertz, M.D., has research interests in amyloidosis and multiple myeloma. Particularly, Dr. Gertz studies relapse rates in patients with multiple myeloma and amyloidosis when being treated with novel versus traditional therapies.
- Primary amyloidosis
- Stem cell transplantation in the treatment of multiple myeloma
- Waldenström's macroglobulinemia
Significance to patient care
The research findings of Dr. Gertz will lead to improved treatment for amyloidosis and multiple myeloma.
- Member, Committee on Training, American Society of Hematology, 2015-present
- Member, Hematology Board Exam Committee, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2015-present
- Waldenström Award for medical and scientific achievements in Waldenström's macroglobulinemia, 2014
- Treasurer, International Myeloma Society, 2011-2014
- Mayo Clinic Roland Seidler, Jr. Professor of the Art of Medicine Honoring Dr. Michael Brennan, 2010
- President, Mayo Staff Officers and Councilors, Mayo Clinic, 2005