The research of Matthew M. Clark, Ph.D., L.P., focuses on the implementation of behavioral interventions to improve adherence to health behavior change recommendations in medical patients, and on strategies for helping patients cope with their health problems.
- Examining obesity treatment outcomes
- Investigating benefits of health coaching for medical patients
- Exploring physical activity interventions
- Exploring the effectiveness of a structured multidisciplinary intervention to improve the quality of life for patients with cancer and their caregivers
Significance to patient care
Using behavioral interventions, Dr. Clark hopes to increase patient adherence to positive lifestyle change recommendations, which will result in better health outcomes and improved quality of life.
- David H. Murdock-Dole Food Company Professor of Nutrition, 2021