Mark S. Allen, M.D., carries out research into improving outcomes for patients with lung or esophageal cancer.
- Outcome research using databases
- Lymph node sampling versus complete lymphadenectomy for lung cancer
- Treatment of atrial fibrillation after lung surgery
Significance to patient care
Dr. Allen is trying to find ways to make the hospitalization and outcome better for patients by using data collected on every operation.
- Treasurer, Thoracic Surgery Foundation for Research and Education, 2015-2017
- President, The Society of Thoracic Surgeons, 2015-2016
- Chair, Board of directors, Joint Council on Thoracic Surgery Education, 2014-2015