Laboratories in the Department of Neurologic Surgery use engineering, regenerative, cell-based and pharmacological approaches to develop improved neurosurgery tools and treatments. Research is translated into better care for patients with brain or spine cancer, central nervous system injury, or neurological diseases.
- Applied Computational Neurophysiology Laboratory — J. Luis Lujan, Ph.D., M.S.
- Brain Tumor Stem Cell Research Laboratory — Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa, M.D.
- Cybernetics and Motor Physiology Laboratory — Kai J. Miller, M.D., Ph.D.
- Device Development and Experimental Therapeutics Laboratory — Jamie J. Van Gompel, M.D.
- Experimental Drug and Therapeutics for Pediatric Brain Tumor — David J. Daniels, M.D., Ph.D.
- Mathematical Neuro-Oncology — Kristin R. Swanson, Ph.D.
- Metastatic Brain Cancer Laboratory — Kaisorn L. Chaichana, M.D.
- Neural Engineering Laboratory — Kendall H. Lee, M.D., Ph.D.
- Neuro-Informatics Laboratory — Mohamad Bydon, M.D.
- Neurogenesis and Brain Repair Laboratory — Mi Hyeon (Mi-Hyeon) Jang, Ph.D.
- Neurogenesis and Brain Tumors Laboratory — Hugo Guerrero Cazares, M.D., Ph.D.
- Neuromodulation Research Laboratory — Su-Younge Chang, Ph.D.
- Neurosurgery Simulation and Innovations Laboratory — Bernard R. Bendok, M.D.
- Neurosurgical Oncology Laboratory — Ian F. Parney, M.D., Ph.D.
- Peripheral Nerve Regeneration Laboratory — Huan Wang, M.D., Ph.D.
- Regenerative Neurosurgery and Neuro-Oncology Laboratory — Terence (Terry) C. Burns, M.D., Ph.D.
- Tissue Engineering and Stem Cell Therapeutics — Benjamin D. Elder, M.D., Ph.D.