Laboratories in the Department of Neurosurgery — Research use engineering, regenerative, cell-based and pharmacological approaches to develop improved neurosurgery tools and treatments. Research is translated into better care for patients with brain or spine cancer, central nervous system injury, or neurological diseases.
- Applied Neuroradiology Laboratory — David F. Kallmes, M.D.
- Brain Tumor Stem Cell Research Laboratory — Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa, M.D.
- Developmental and Regenerative Neurobiology Laboratory — John R. Henley, M.S., Ph.D.
- Epilepsy and Neurophysiology Laboratory — Gregory A. Worrell, M.D., Ph.D., Squire (Matt) M. Stead, M.D., Ph.D.
- Mathematical Neuro-Oncology — Kristin R. Swanson, Ph.D.
- Neural Engineering Laboratory — Kendall H. Lee, M.D., Ph.D.
- Neuro-Informatics Laboratory — Mohamad Bydon, M.D.
- Neurogenesis and Brain Repair Laboratory — Mi Hyeon (Mi-Hyeon) Jang, Ph.D.
- Neurogenesis and Brain Tumors Laboratory — Hugo Guerrero Cazares, M.D., Ph.D.
- Neuroregeneration and Neurorehabilitation Laboratory — Isobel A. Scarisbrick, Ph.D.
- Neurosurgical Oncology Laboratory — Ian F. Parney, M.D., Ph.D.
- Regenerative Neurobiology Laboratory — Anthony J. Windebank, M.D.
- Regenerative Neurosurgery and Neuro-Oncology Laboratory — Terence (Terry) C. Burns, M.D., Ph.D.
- Translational Neuro-Oncology Laboratory — Jann N. Sarkaria, M.D.