Office of Translation to Practice technology development teams assist individual investigators in identifying and completing the sequential steps that are required to develop a product. These steps include:
- Defining and refining pathways for product development
- Identifying scientific and clinical partners as needed
- Advancing the preclinical and clinical development
To maintain continuity of identified projects, each team is led by an assigned leader who identifies appropriate team members to populate technology development teams unique for each project. Team members may include:
- Clinical content experts
- Scientific domain experts
- Business and regulatory personnel
Technology development teams ensure continuous progress and identify and resolve problems when they arise. For projects that receive funding based on the achievement of milestones, technology development teams help determine whether milestones have been met.
The CCaTS Office of Translation to Practice builds bridges between strategic collaborators and Mayo Clinic that empower clinician-scientists to translate innovative products into clinical practice.
These strategic collaborations accelerate translation by:
- Providing necessary services to advance Mayo Clinic products
- Connecting researchers and collaborators to identify, create, nurture and support close relationships
- Promoting team science with both intramural and extramural collaborations through preexisting global confidential disclosure agreements
- Allowing free exchange of ideas with pre-negotiated intellectual property agreements
Please direct any questions to email@example.com