Yuan-Ping Pang, Ph.D., directs the Computer-Aided Molecular Design Laboratory at Mayo Clinic. His research focuses on both the development of new theories and technologies for the advancement of artificial intelligence capability for biomedical research and fundamental knowledge of autocatalysis, amidation, and origin of life.
Dr. Pang's research addresses problems responsible for high costs of drug discovery and development, including:
- Drug resistance
- Nontarget off-species toxicity
- Scarcity of low-cost, high-precision, experimental detection methods
- High cost of chemical synthesis that is still based on tacit rather than explicit knowledge
Significance to patient care
The goal of Dr. Pang's research is to find proactive ways to prevent cancers and other life-threatening diseases rather than treating them reactively.
See my publications
- Professor of Pharmacology
- Professor of Biophysics
- Sabbatical Study - Computational Chemistry University of California, San Francisco
- Ph.D. - Synthetic Chemistry University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh
- MS Training - Biochemistry / Neuroscience Shanghai Institute of Physiology
- BS - Physical Chemistry Xiamen University