The research of Jon O. Ebbert, M.D., focuses on the promotion of a healthy lifestyle through tobacco cessation and achievement of a healthy body weight.
Dr. Ebbert is interested in medications for the treatment of tobacco dependence and the prevention of weight gain after smoking cessation. He is also interested in the assessment and development of clinical tools that can help patients achieve a healthy body weight.
- Combination pharmacotherapy for smoking cessation
- Nicotine replacement therapy for the treatment of smokeless tobacco dependence
- Weight care managers for the treatment of obesity in the primary care setting
- Pharmacotherapy for the treatment of overweight and obesity
Significance to patient care
Dr. Ebbert's work has the potential to significantly improve the health and well-being of patients who are dependent upon tobacco or who are struggling with their body weight.
- Associate Editor, Nicotine & Tobacco Research, 2011-present
- Member, Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco, 2006-present
- Fellow, American College of Physicians, 2005