Morgan L. Brubaker, D.O.
Senior research project
Does targeted exercise provide long-term protection against vertebral fractures?
- What are the effects of exercise, aging, menopause and osteoporosis on bone? Literature review, May 2013.
- Site specificity of physical activity and its effect on long-term risk of fracture: Spine vs. hip. Poster presented at: American Society for Bone and Mineral Research; October 2012.
- Sit-to-stand exacerbation of coccyx pain as a predictor of coccygeal dynamic instability versus bone spurs. Poster presented at: Association of Academic Physiatrists; April 2011.
- Banana boat tailbone trauma: 100% complete listhesis, a dynamic dislocation. Poster presented at: Association of Academic Physiatrists; April 2011.
Why physical medicine and rehabilitation at Mayo Clinic?
I chose Mayo's PM&R residency because it felt like the right fit for me. Not only did it offer a wide variety of awesome training opportunities, but everyone I met on my interview day was great, including the residents, physicians and PM&R staff. I felt very comfortable and was excited for the opportunity to train here.
I have enjoyed every aspect of residency so far, from hanging out with my fellow residents, to taking care of patients and learning from our knowledgeable consultants. Looking back, I wouldn't have changed anything and I am looking forward to my next two years here!
Personal interests and hobbies
- Being outdoors
- Running, biking, swimming and triathlon training
- Hanging out with friends and family