Marisa J. Terry, M.D.
Senior research projects
Meta-analysis on the efficacy of ultrasound-guided ilioinguinal/iliohypogastric block for post-herniorrhaphy pain control
Meta-analysis of intradiscal injection of stem cells
Heat pain perception and pain severity in patients with chronic pain
Early postoperative functional assessment following transtibial amputation
- Knee neuropathy review article for PMR Knowledge Now with Dr. Josh Sole, Dr. Jacob Sellon and Dr. Matthew Pingree. In progress.
- Terry MJ, et al. Progressive cervical myelopathy secondary to a chronic type II odontoid fracture: A case report with radiographic evidence of one centimeter of pathologic atlanto-axial motion. Poster presented at: American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Assembly; October 2013; Washington, D.C.
- Terry MJ, et al. Viral myositis causing functional decline in a patient with Becker's muscular dystrophy. Poster presented at: Association of Academic Physiatrists Annual Meeting; March 2013; New Orleans, La.
- Hill LJN, et al. Evaluation, treatment and outcomes of suprascapular neuropathy: A 5-year review. Pending.
- Terry MJ, et al. Chronic exertional compartment syndrome clinical case study. Poster presented at: Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Research Day; April 2012.
- Terry MJ, et al. Rare knee ligament tear in an adolescent athlete. Oral presentation at: Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Research Day.
- Patel DR, et al. Sport-related performance anxiety in young female athletes. Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology. 2010;23:325.
- Terry MJ, et al. Healthcare needs of homeless youth in the United States. Journal of Pediatric Sciences. 2010;2:e17.
Why physical medicine and rehabilitation at Mayo Clinic?
During my search for a residency program, I was most interested in finding a place that offered a comprehensive education and a supportive learning environment. At Mayo, I immediately felt welcomed by the department consultants, residents and staff. It was clear that I would be able to receive great training to propel my career interests.
My experience thus far has been exceedingly positive. The abundant resources available in both the clinical and research settings are impressive, and the approach to patient care is well-rounded. I have enjoyed the camaraderie between residents and support from the consultants, all of whom are wonderful teachers and mentors.
Personal interests and hobbies
- Cooking and baking
- Exercise and outdoor activities
- Spending time with friends and family