Simulation medical education provides the following opportunities:
- Realism in problem-based instruction
- Error-forgiving clinical experience, enhancing patient safety when residents and fellows see their first patients or experience their first uncommon or stressful situations
- Consistency with reproducible scenarios that lead to standardized training
- Supervised instruction in life-threatening events management
- Ability to tailor scenarios to each participant's educational level
- Experience with uncommon scenarios
- Leadership in "Crisis Resource Management"