To be eligible for the Mayo Clinic Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE) program, you must be:
- A pharmacy student at the University of Minnesota, North Dakota State University, or South Dakota State University; OR have completed a pharmacy internship at Mayo Clinic in Rochester.
- Licensed as a pharmacy intern in Minnesota.
- Pre-approved by the Pharmacy Services Department at Mayo Clinic in Rochester.
APPE program students are required to exhibit professional and ethical conduct at all times.
Mayo School of Health Sciences upholds all federal and state laws that preclude discrimination on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disabilities or veteran's status.
Mayo School of Health Sciences accepts students who are highly qualified for its programs. To be considered for admittance you should exhibit strong qualifications for the program you wish to pursue. Applicants to programs must possess the following general qualities:
- Critical thinking skills
- Sound judgment
- Emotional stability and maturity
- Empathy for others
- Physical and mental stamina
- Ability to learn and function in a variety of settings
You must be able to perform the essential functions of the profession and meet the standards of the program. Students seeking exceptions to these standards or reasonable accommodations should initiate their request with the program's director.