Six students are accepted on a competitive basis each year to the Clinical Pastoral Education Internship. The program begins the first week of June and continues into the middle of August.
How to Apply
There is no annual fixed application deadline.
Step 1: please submit the following materials:
- A completed ACPE Application for Clinical Pastoral Education
- An autobiographical statement
- A description of the development of your spiritual life
- A description of your work history
- A description of an incident in which you were called to help
- A description of your expectations of this program
- Copies of all self-evaluations and supervisor evaluations from any previously completed CPE programs
Please send the required materials in one envelope to:
200 First Street SW
Rochester, MN 55905
Step 2: If you are considered for an appointment, you will be asked to visit Mayo Clinic in Rochester for a personal interview with the program director. An interview will not be arranged until your application file is complete.
Step 3: Appointment letters are mailed approximately one week after the interview. Your reply is expected within two weeks of receiving an appointment letter.
Your appointment to the program is dependent upon successful completion of the health review and background check.